Already have a Username/Password for Journal of Deafblind Studies on Communication?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission fits the scope
- The submission has not been previously published in this version, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided to the Editor).
- It is the responsibility of the author, not of this journal, to obtain permission to use any previously published and/or copyrighted material.
- Existing discussions, already published in this journal, had been acknowledged sufficiently.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The submission strictly follows the guidelines outlined in the current (6th edition, 2009) American Psychological Association Publication Manual.
- The manuscript is submitted as a MS Word .doc or .docx, .pdf, or .rtf document.
- Consistent with APA style, the text is double-spaced; and uses a 12-point font.
- All tables are prepared using MS Word Tables feature, rather than with tabs, spaces, etc. (If the author(s) do not know how to do this, they should use the tutorial that accompanies Word.)
- All illustrations, figures, and tables are embedded in the text, consistent with APA style. Figures are submitted in high resolution (minimum 1200 dpi) .jpeg files, and do not have the figure caption incorporated into the graphic itself. (Authors may require professional consultation to prepare figure files as required.)
- The authors' names and identifying information are not included in manuscript itself: the title page has been removed; there is no author note; the authors' names have been removed from the "properties" of the document; the manuscript is otherwise blind as to authorship. (Identifying information will be taken from the data entered during the submission process.)
- Upon submitting a contribution, the journal editors have the right, after a successful peer review, to publish it. After the contribution appears in the journal, it is still possible to publish it elsewhere after the consent of the journal editors and with reference to the place of the first publication.
- The contributions submitted should be original ones. They should not have been published or submitted for publishing at any other point in time in a similar form or with generally the same content. It is the responsibility of the author, not of the journal, to obtain permission to use any previously published and/or copyrighted material.
- Reprints of contributions already published elsewhere are only accepted if (a) it appeals to the interests of the journal readers and it has not already reached a wide audience and if (b) it is assured that the copyright owner allows the reprint (in the case the submitting person is not the copyright owner). If these conditions are fulfilled, the journal may accept reprints, which will be published with reference to the place of the first publication.
- For further questions, feel free to contact us via e-mail.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.